Monday, January 3, 2011

Treasured Moments


"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward in the same direction."     French writer, Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900 - 1944)

People are my least favourite subjects to photograph.  Point a camera in the direction of most people, and they become self-conscious. Not that I blame them - as a matter of fact I prefer to be behind the camera and not in front of it.

Anyway, back to the photograph.  This candid shot was taken on a recent outing to Schoenmakerskop.  For some unknown reason, I was drawn to this beautiful couple. They were so engrossed in conversation, that they failed to notice me taking photographs of them.  

I have so many questions when I look at this pic.  Are they newly married?  Where are they from? What are their hopes and dreams for the future, and for each other?  

But the moment seemed private, and I did not want to intrude.  So I guess my questions will remain unanswered...

No comments:

Post a Comment