Thursday, February 24, 2011

February Sunset


If someone told me this morning that I would photograph one of the most breathtaking sunsets today, I would probably have laughed at them!   It was one of those hectic days, and  the lack of caffiene in my system made it even worse. 

Upon returning home, I decided to play with Stretch in the backyard. Soon we were both so tired that we fell down onto the grass.  That's when I noticed a large cloud being illumenated by the setting sun. I rushed indoors to get my camera and within seconds I forgot all about the hectic day I had.  Soon mist and smaller clouds started rolling in, and before my eyes the trees 'caught fire'.

I only sharpened and cropped the following photo - just to give an idea of what the sunset looked like (also have to mention that I used a polarized filter): 


The majority of the photos to follow were edited in Corel Painshop Photo Pro X3.  Editing photos is my least favourite part of photography, although I have to admit it makes a big difference....



The following result was achieved by changing the contrast and brightness settings.  It's one my favourite photographs to date.


Using the kaleidoscope effect:


Now this is what I call a perfect end to a VERY LONG DAY!!!

"The rising sun
blesses my mind
with joy.
The setting sun
blesses my heart
with peace."  
Sri Chinmoy

3 comments:

  1. Great shots! Visiting your blog will work for me like a photography school. Hoping I'll learn a lot from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yee-ha! Very nice indeed. The second and third photo's are my favourites. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody marvellous! I love a good sunset. Goes rather well with a good wine! I love the mandalas at the bottom, too! Nice! X.

    ReplyDelete